Tuesday 10 April 2012

Some Classics That Will Always Be "Trending"

With the influx of fashion and makeup trends and even gadget trends every three months or so, it gets super difficult for me to actually to follow any trend. I mean once something starts trending, I take about a couple of weeks to decide if it would suit me, then goes another couple of weeks for me to buy/make/procure the particluar trending object and finally when I do own it, what is left is about only a month for me to enjoy it after which the whole rigmarole starts all over again :P

So what do I do? What I do and also recommend others to do is to invest in a number classic trends that generally never go out of style and well look good in all seasons :) I know you have heard of such "ideas" before and no I am not going to lecturing ranting about getting yourself an LBD or a classic white shirt and all that. I am going to be telling you about the day to day stuff that I like doing or sporting and that generally never go out of style :)

In this list, my first and foremost are Avaitor Sunglasses... I have these brown Ray Ban Avaitor glasses that I simply adore and that has always ensured that people turn and give me a second look :) They are super hot and make the wearer look super cool (of course the pun was intended).

The second trend that I really like are cute and feminine hair accessories... I love floral hair ties, hair ties with bows, clutch clips with charts and all thw works. There is nothing more endearing that a messy bun or a scrunched up pony with a pretty and feminine hair accessory. Listen to me and make this a staple ladies  :)

I know braids are trending like crazy this summer and though I love braids but they are sometimes totally inappropriate like in a formal do... So the alternative that I have for it is the side bun. Make it messy to give the boho, casual vibe to it and make it sleek and well defined for an elegant formal do. And with the right accessory I guarantee you that you will be the focus of the evening :)

Avaitors, Side Bun and Floral Hair Tie
Next I present to you ladies and gentlemen. the pencil skirt. Invest in a good and yes a branded pencil skirt. Nothing makes you look curvy (from the righ places) as does a knee length pencil skirt. Doubts? Remember Scarlett Johannson? And why do I say "branded" well that cause nothing is as unflattering as a wrongly fitted pencil skirt. Why take a chance? Invest in a branded one and be worry-free for at least 3 years :)
My Mango Skirt :)
 Next comes in line is a top with a patterened neck. You could opt for an embellished top or even a crochetted neck top. These serve Summers as is and Winters with an open jacket, blazer or Cardigan :) It represents the epitome of feminity :)


And then  of course you need one glittery eye shadow (paint pot in my case)... Wear it as is it to look flirty and fun and pair with a black shadow for a mysterious smokey look when out in the evening...

MAC Paint Pot in Genuine Treasure
 Lastly and the most important "accessory" that never ever goes out of style is a "best Girlfriend" :) Nope! a best guy friend does not count sorry, I am talking about a best "girl" friend who knows you in and out, with whom you share everything and when I say everything I mean everything with any EGO! She doesn't judge you and you dont judge her. She may forget your birthday but she'll never forget to keep your secrets...
Kindly forgive the cleavage on display :P

3 comments:

  1. this is a pretty cool stuff...i follow ur both the blogs and i enjoy reding all ur posts. u have mazing skin,pls do a post on ur skin type and skin care

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! How could have I missed this one! Subscribing to this blog right away...
    I simply love you and your blogs my bestie! :)<3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw...the yellow chappals are damn cute!

    ReplyDelete

Oh yeah if I am allowed to give you shit, then it is only fair that you gimme yours too ;)