Tuesday 27 March 2012

My Punto's Maiden Drive on the Mumbai Pune Expressway...

You know the feeling when your baby first starts school, or is selected monitor in class or represents his/her house in the Annual sports? That feeling of exhilaration, the moment of pride? Well thats exactly how I felt when the "pati" and I decided to drive down to Lonavla/Khandala at night from Pune. The subject here is my Fiat Punto, which is my baby in every sense of the word :) When I bought it two years back, it was a huge purchase off my salary (though my parents chipped in a bit :P) and well purchasing my car marked the beginning of my adulthood :)


Can you even imagine how must I have felt? :) Well after two years the feeling came back last Sunday when we had to go to meet a relative in Lonavla and we decided to drive down :) It was my little baby's maiden drive on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway! :D Of course the Punto had delivered itself well on various National and State highways but people this is the expressway I am talking about! Now for those who don't belong to this part of the country might not understand the implication of driving on the Expressway... Let me explain... The Mumbai-Pune Expressway was an ambitious project taken up by the government of Maharashtra that on completion has reduced the 5 hours drive (without a traffic jam) and 8 hours drive (with a traffic jam) between Mumbai and Pune to 2 hours flat! #JaiHoTechnology.

The recommended speed for cars on the Expressway is 90km/hr, though everyone averages around 100-110 km/hr. Thus if you are not on the right lane or are not driving at the average speed then you are destined to doom with a huge boom! The Expressway is like this sacred way to your destination and is looked on with pride by both Mumbai-kars and Pune-ites alike, with of course the residents of Lonavla and Khandala pitching in as well :) Thus the maiden drive on this highway was special for my baby girl :)




My makeup for the journey ;)

We finished the 50 kms drive in about 40 mins without any halts. We started from Pune at around 8:00 pm, reaching Lonavla at about 8:42pm... Met up with relatives, bought Lonavla special "Maganlal" Chikki and choco fudge, started for Pune at about 12:30 am and reached home by 1:15 am.

It was a wow experience and my Punto fared really well :) Proud of you baby girl :)

2 comments:

Oh yeah if I am allowed to give you shit, then it is only fair that you gimme yours too ;)